|# of Lessons:||8|
|Easy To Use:|
|Money Back Guarantee:||60 Days|
Beginners Guide To Unlocking Guitar
The ‘Beginners Guide to Unlocking The Guitar’ is a good, no-nonsense course for beginners. A pretty decent and reliable training ground is provided using the e-book, audio files, fingering techniques and the muscle memory training.
This helps any beginner learn the basics of the guitar quickly. However, the program isn’t of much help if you are planning to leap from a beginner to a pro. This program is for those who wish to take to the guitar just to strum a few tunes and impress a few people.
Muscle Memory Technique
This program is built on the fact that you must learn the ‘Muscle Memory’ technique. This is based on the theory that the muscles in our body tend to remember particular positions and movements on the guitar, if performed repetitively.
By increasing the tension in the muscles when performing your fingering or plucking of the guitar you can learn to play the guitar by remembering the movements and positions on autopilot.
The idea behind the theory of “Muscle Memory” technique is great, and this helps the guitarist play the guitar “unconsciously”, while he can concentrate on the singing part. However, we have mixed opinions about the way it is used and incorporated in the program.
While this course is very effective for the beginners, it didn’t help when applied to people in intermediate or pro levels. Also, there was no stark difference in the effectiveness of the program when compared to other competing courses using a variety of different teaching techniques. This courseis good, but not better than UPick’s top 3 recommendations.
A Look At The Contents
- The ebook and the beginner chord sound files are the basic pillars on which the program is established. The ebook is well written with a good flow in a logical sequence. Combined with the sound files, it works wonderfully with the beginners and some intermediate level students. The sound files let people analyze the chord sounds. However, the “Press & Listen” version of the files must be played on your PC.
- ‘The Perfect Chord Chart’ is an illustrated chart for beginners. It contains the different chords how they are played.
- The 150 popular songs with 4 chords or less e-book contains the chord positions for 150 popular songs for the beginners to play and practice. As all of these are freely available over the internet, and can be accessed with a simple Google search, this is not a novelty factor.
- The Beginning Singing Techniques e-book helps you understand the basic singing technique, as this is the important part of being a good guitarist.
Conditional Money Back Guarantee
The money back guarantee seems to have some conditions. Here’s what it says on the website.
“Better than risk-free 60 day money back guarantee: If after sincerely giving the guitar course a try you do not find it helpful in learning how to play the guitar or improving your guitar skills - I will give you a full refund of the purchase”.
While it seems great and fool-proof, it has provisions for the author not
to give back the money. Thus if you did learn something from the author
he’s not inclined to refund your money.
Bonus When You Purchase
- Beginner chord sound files
- Beginner Singing Techniques e-book
- The Perfect Chord Chart for Beginners
- 150 popular songs with 4 chords or less e-book
As mentioned before, the program is very good for beginners, but anyone
else is better off not buying it. The money back guarantee is one of the
tricky things that need to be considered. The other factor is the selling
of the Muscle Memory Techniques as their own invention (complete with the
use of trademarks). Most of the programs use this technique in varying degrees,
and this is not new. This misleading sales pitch only mars The Beginner's
Guide to Unlocking the Guitar, which is otherwise a well rated product.